Pages

Monday, January 9, 2012

Book 2: Steve Jobs, Continued!

Out of 642 Nook pages (not sure what at equals to in regular book pages) I'm in the 220's. I read through Jobs' childhood, teenagehood, his brief college career and on to the birth of Apple all the way through the birth of the Mac and its eventual drop in sales and Jobs' eventual push to having no power in Apple.

I have notes written all over a random envelope that I scooped up when I started reading because I realized there is so much to take in and fascinate over that I wasn't going to remember it all when it came time for the final completed blog post.

For right now, one moment I'm thinking Job's is a crazy genius and was placed here to push our technology and the way we think about it forward. Then on the next page, I'm thinking, "Wow this guys was a real asshole!" It's almost like his ideas were so grand and so necessary that he had to be the "bad guy" to get things accomplished. And then.... my other thought is he was just an assholeish genius and HR's biggest nightmare. But I'm not done reading yet so my thoughts may change.

One MAJOR thing that stuck out to me the other night while I was reading was Jobs told the new President of Apple (when he started), John Sculley, that he felt he didn't have a lot of time on this earth and he had a lot of ideas to put together and little time to do it. My jaw literally dropped open. Its like he knew his main purpose and needed to get it knocked out.

I was googling around looking for an image of the original mac to include with this post but I found something EVEN better. I found a video on youtube of Steve Jobs introducing the Mac in 1984 for the first time. I JUST read about this last night!!! Walter Isaacson got it right on point! Watching the video had me just as excited as I was when I was reading it.



I'll be moving onward and upward on pages this evening!


No comments:

Post a Comment