I either never paid attention in school when we talked about Benjamin Franklin or we just didn't go in depth on him. I knew he was a smart guy that invented a bunch of stuff but that's really my only knowledge on him.
He was one of 17 kids! Oh my! I can't imagine! Apparently his father was married twice and the second marriage created 10 children. Ben (can I refer to him as that?) was the youngest boy and had two younger sisters. Too much craziness for me.
So far I really like him! As a young boy all he wanted to do was go out to sea but his father wouldn't have any of that so he made him pick being an apprentice for a trade. BUT of course Ben was young and wasn't impressed or challenged where he was being sent. He finally settled on being an apprentice with for his brother that was a printer. He loved to read anything he could get his hands on. He read about only eating veggies. It sounded go to him so he went with it! Can you imagine? Being a vegetarian back then? It was all meat and potatoes!
![]() |
| http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/autobiography-of-benjamin-franklin-benjamin-franklin/1100059498?ean=2940012538192&itm=1&usri=the+autobiography+of+benjamin+franklin |

No comments:
Post a Comment